Mountaintop

Dear Mountain Climbers,

Early in my ministry an elderly person in my first church told me this story.

An older woman heard that their new preacher was controversial at his prior church. Many in the church were fearful that he might be a divisive, discomforting new pastor for them. So the older woman went to the service, on the pastor's first Sunday in the pulpit, a bit anxious over what he might say.

After the service the older woman greeted the new pastor at the door with the words, “Mr. Pastor, ahh, I heard that you were somewhat of a troublemaker, a radical even. But I listened carefully to your sermon and I am happy to say that I didn’t hear you say anything that would make anyone the least bit uncomfortable. You were wonderful! You didn’t say a thing!” 

Matthew 17:5, “This is my Son, marked by my love, focus of my delight. Listen to him.” Jesus goes up on a mountain top to be with his core leadership team, Peter, James and John. In the mystery of the moment the Old Testament heroes Elijah and Moses join them. Jesus was transfigured before them.  It was a spectacular moment that any preacher would be proud to share with his or her congregation. However, from that mountaintop moment on, Jesus taught them through word and deed that he must go to the cross. It was tough news for the disciples' ears. Within the ranks of the Lord's leadership team, there were disputes over ‘what was the right thing to do, there had to be a way to accomplish the mission, without saying and doing offending things’.

The plan from the middle of Matthew, Mark, and Luke’s gospels has Jesus being transfigured and then heading out to Jerusalem to hang on a cross, so that he might rise again. It is the grand scheme of God that transforms our lives yet today, and forever.

A couple of things to keep in mind.

  • The GGCC Congregational Gathering Celebrating her 13th year of mission is this Sunday morning following the 10:30 service.
  • Peter and Brendan Mayer are returning to do a house concert for those who contributed to the fundraiser for Confluence Ministries last October. *But, if you are willing to give a financial contribution to the GGCC Ready To Bless fund or to Confluence, you are welcome to attend. 3:00 pm, March 5th at Amy and my home: 5510 Sawdust Loop, Parker, Colorado 80134*…we want to see EVERYONE AT THIS EVENT!

Still in One Peace,

Pastor David J. Jensen

12 comments (Add your own)

1. wrote:
I know this site presents quality based articles
and extra material, is there any other site which provides such data
in quality?

Fri, May 3, 2019 @ 2:33 AM

2. wrote:
Hi to every one, it's in fact a fastidious for me to pay
a quick visit this site, it includes helpful Information.

Wed, May 15, 2019 @ 6:31 PM

3. wrote:
Aw, this was an extremely good post. Finding the time and actual effort to generate a superb
article… but what can I say… I hesitate a lot and don't seem to get nearly anything done.

Thu, June 13, 2019 @ 7:45 AM

4. wrote:
I think that what you said made a great deal of sense.
However, consider this, suppose you were to create a awesome post
title? I ain't saying your content isn't good., however what if you
added a headline to possibly grab people's attention? I mean Mountaintop |
God s Grace Community Church is kinda plain. You ought
to look at Yahoo's home page and note how they write news titles to
grab viewers interested. You might add a video or a pic or two to get people interested about what you've written. In my opinion, it might make your blog a little livelier.

Thu, June 13, 2019 @ 10:21 AM

5. wrote:
This website trᥙly hаs all the information I wanteⅾ ɑbout
tһis subject and didn't know who to аsk.

Thu, June 13, 2019 @ 12:47 PM

6. wrote:
My spouse and I stumbled over here coming from a different web page and thought I may as well check things out.
I like what I see so i am just following you. Look forward to
looking over your web page for a second time.

Thu, July 25, 2019 @ 2:46 AM

7. wrote:
Hiya! Quick question that's totally off topic.
Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly?
My site looks weird when browsing from my apple iphone. I'm trying
to find a theme or plugin that might be able to resolve this issue.

If you have any recommendations, please share. With thanks!

Thu, August 1, 2019 @ 4:37 AM

8. wrote:
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I truly appreciate your efforts and I will
be waiting for your further post thank you once again.

Sun, September 1, 2019 @ 12:08 PM

9. wrote:
I am regular visitor, how are you everybody? This post posted
at this web page is truly fastidious.

Tue, September 3, 2019 @ 11:38 AM

10. wrote:
I don't even know the way I stopped up right here, however I assumed this
submit was once great. I do not recognize who
you are but certainly you're going to a well-known blogger when you
are not already. Cheers!

Sun, September 8, 2019 @ 2:00 PM

11. wrote:
It's amazing to pay a quick visit this site and reading the views of all friends regarding this article, while I am also
eager of getting familiarity.

Sun, September 22, 2019 @ 8:57 PM

12. wrote:
Hi, Neat post. There's a problem together with your web site in internet explorer, may test this?
IE nonetheless is the marketplace chief and a big element of folks will pass over
your wonderful writing due to this problem.

Mon, October 14, 2019 @ 4:48 AM

Add a New Comment


code
 

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.